Wednesday, August 6, 2008

C.C. Carter Visit


GirlSpeak has had the pleasure of speaking with C.C.Carter. Ms Carter is an amazing poet. She discussed with us young ladies how she became involved in writing poetry and why she loves poetry. I was very enlightened by her visit, and she kind of opened my eyes to more creative ways of writing. I have also read her book "Body Language," and it is a must read. Ms. Carter succesfully displays the power of sexuality as well as her body with class. Ms. Carter's poetry is words that you can feel, and it brings you alive. She is not afraid to tell people about struggles that she has encountered, and I applaud her for voicing her opinions of being lesbian, black, and latina in a society that views her as straight and African American. Ms. Carter's work empowers women, and I think it will give them the strength to except their sexuality. I think that her book has something to offer everyone, so when you get the chance, buy it! You can also check C.C. out at www.outmedia.org

No comments: